Thanks Shashank and Roshan for nominating me for this one. I know am quite late in writing this post but had been really busy these past two weeks. This is the first set of nominations of this kind I have been tagged for.
For the uninitiated, the ‘Liebster Blog Award’ is a online award given to bloggers by bloggers. ‘Liebster’ in German means dearest, sweetest, pleasant etc.
Roshan is a doc by profession and a fantastic writer by passion. He pens his stories and articles on Godyears.net. Shashank’s passion lies in writing micro-fiction of all kinds including 55fiction, 100fiction, haiku and the likes at ‘Embark with My Thoughts’.
And now the rules:
1. Thank the people who have nominated you for this one and post a link to their blog
2. Display the award in your blog by including it as an image in the post or a widget
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the one who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 deserving bloggers (those who have less than 1000 followers)
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer
6. Once they have been tagged, keep them informed about the same and also provide a link to the post
Here are Shashank’s questions:
1. One crazy serious moment that you laughed out loud at (a serious and dense atmosphere )
This has happened a few times when I am with friends and they are discussing something very seriously. Though laughing out aloud irritates them, it’s a way for me to indicate that they shouldn’t take things too seriously. Taking unnecessary tension wouldn’t solve anything.
2. The most notorious thing you did in your school days (embarrassing will work too if you’re fine 😀
I would love to believe that I was a very good boy who never did any mischief ;).
3. One movie/book/story that you really loved and the reason (doesn’t have to be romantic. If it’s horror then better)
I like watching horror flicks. But till date haven’t found any which has given me the creeps for too long. ‘The Lunchbox’ is one of the recent movies I loved for its simplicity and the ease with which it portrays the human emotions.
4. How many times or days/moments or did you live any, were you totally survived on your friends money and stuff (obviously looting it all away because it’s yours)
I wouldn’t say days on end but instead there have been moments here and there when I have had to ask my friends a small amount which I obviously returned as soon as possible lest they start dancing on my head ;).
5. A place that’s not famous in your city but you would want to go there at any point of time because it’s your favorite (shouldn’t be famous I say)
In Hyderabad, I live in a place called Annojiguda. Though to be honest, there is nothing much here in terms of urban life, I love it because of the peace and tranquility it provides from the general pollution and noise all around.
6. Which super hero fan were you in childhood and how did you try to imitate them?(ever tried rotating in circles like ShaktiMaan 😉 )
Not too much of a superhero fan. Maybe, I would say that I consider my parents as my superheroes :). Would always observe them in how they go about doing things.
7. What would you do if you had money like Uncle Scrooge (no, I am not giving it to you. You’ve to imagine it)
I have a dream to roam around the most exotic places on the planet whether its the Salt Mirror in Boliva, the Scuba Diving spot in Belize or even watching the Northern Lights in Norway.
8. Reason you love your blog
It gives me my space to put my thoughts into words on any and every topic under the sun. A lovely place to unwind after a hard day at work :).
9. A place if you were allowed to visit immediately. What would it be? (write the first one that comes to your mind in a second)
10. What’s your favorite food that you can’t help but eat at anytime and wouldn’t mind going lengths just to taste it.
Sweets of any kind :D.
11. Love Rain? Love reading? (write about one awesome crazy moment about rain and reading if no to rain. If you love rain and reading plus writing, we’re already friends then
Reading an interesting book with the sound of rain drops falling on the roof in the background accompanied by the smell of earth is a beautiful feeling.
Here are Roshan’s questions:
1. What was the best moment of your life till date?
There have been many beautiful moments. But the best one till date is the day I got my first job after MBA. This happened after many rejections and moreover that was the only day I took the blessing of my parents before going for the interview. And it worked :).
2. If not ‘your present job’, what would you see yourself doing in life?
Maybe, become a full – time writer.
3. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Why think about someone who wouldn’t even care for what you feel? 😉
4. The best friend you have made in the blogosphere?
The Goa Trip organized by BlogAdda was my first ever blogger meetup and it has been hugely inspiring meeting all the interesting bloggers there and reading their posts. Moreover, I have also made quite a few blogger friends through Twitter :).
5. I’m giving you a million dollars. How are you going to spend it?
Explore the most exotic places on the planet :).
6. Your best feature?
Always ready to help others even in the most stressful times.
7. Show us a photo you possess on your computer/mobile that you just love?
A recent click of Paravoor Lake, Kollam by www.twitter.com/jamewils
8. Two books you would recommend to everyone?
Since am a big thriller fan, I would recommend ‘A Cause Untrue’ by David Blacker and the four book military thriller series by Mukul Deva.
9. Favourite food dishes?
Kadhi Chawal, Rajma Chawal, Sweets of any kind
10. A celebrity you feel is highly underrated and deserves more credit (and why)?
Rahul Dravid. He always lived in the shadows of Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman and the likes. But this didn’t diminish his performance and hunger to perform to the best of his abilities.
11. Share some insightful advice you have learned NOT FROM BOOKS but from the crazy journey of life?
We keep hearing a lot of people say that there is always something good around the corner even in the worst of times. That’s so true. Never lose hope and keep working hard all the time. As life is a mixture of crests and troughs, you never know when the next crest would come along.
My questions are here:
1. What product (eg: a book, pen, paper etc.) would you associate your personality to and why?
2. What’s the craziest thing you have done at school? Or were you a very nice and sweet little child? 😉
3. Describe the feeling of blogging in one word?
4. If you were packed off to Tristan Da Cunha (famous as the loneliest island in the world), who would you prefer to be with? Or would you be alone? And why?
5. What is the best and the worst thing you have heard about your blog?
6. Life as a bed of roses or life full of obstacles, you prefer? (The middle ground is not an option ;))
7. Any specific book / movie which has shaped the journey of your life?
8. If you have just been announced as the winner of ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’, what would you do with the money?
9. What’s that one dream which if fulfilled will give a new meaning to your life?
10. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done (or you want to do)?
11. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
Happy Blogging. If you have won the award already (which I am sure many would already have), please still do accept it and post your links in the comments below so that I could read them as well :).