Update: I guess all of you need to read the whole post to understand the point I am trying to make. You can hold your judgements about my character till that point!
Dear Modern Woman,
How come you are alive? Your parents didn’t kill you? But the facts say that every year thousands of girl children are dumped in dustbins, on roads, left in hospitals or killed alive. Maybe you are among the lucky few to have survived. I must congratulate you for that. But then, you never know in this big bad world, when disaster comes calling. If you think you can cheat death by surviving accidents or illnesses you cannot be more wrong.
Amongst our ilk, there is a huge number who are ready to rape, strip, molest and do all that and much more to women like you at the drop of a hat. And that could drive you to kill yourself or we could do the formalities ourselves. I can hear you ask as to who gave us this right. We are a nation where crimes against you are brushed under the carpet so easily that who wouldn’t be encouraged to satisfy his voyeuristic pleasures. Whether we pinch a girl’s buttocks or grab her breasts, whether we strip her clothes or grope her in public, people would be ready to join us, but no one would bother to save her. How do you expect us not to satisfy our pleasures in such a scenario?
We see you as desirable objects who have to be taken. If we can’t get you by asking, we do it by force. Our testosterone levels also need to be managed well, isn’t it?
So if you want to protect yourself, we direct you to follow the below rules created by us –
1. Don’t wear revealing clothes and cover your body parts at all times – Nowadays wherever we see, there are so many of you walking around showing your cleavage, breasts, mid riff, legs and what not. And from what we have seen, so many of you do it on purpose to attract us. Wouldn’t we get aroused seeing so much skin? We are humans after all. If we then proceed to touch you, why call it rape? Best solution – Avoid such clothes itself and cover every body part.
2. Don’t go to pubs / discos / parties – Kiran Bedi says that pubs attract violence. Atanu Bhuyan, the editor of News Live says that pubs and discos attract prostitutes. Why would you then go to such places? These places attract vandalism of the highest order. And parties, the lesser said about the better. They are the places where people like us are always on the lookout for girls like you. We do all we can to talk and when you don’t listen, the results can be disastrous!
3. Don’t be out of the house after 6pm – Everytime when the government or the police pass an order restraining you from doing something, you start a campaign against it. Don’t you think their decisions have some meaning behind them? The night time is free for all of us to roam around. It’s the easiest for our kinds to enjoy ourselves and cause you harm. So wouldn’t you be better off staying at home after 6pm? Prevention is better than cure as far as I can think.
4. Don’t mingle or fight with any male – If you mess with us, we mess with you. You have just one way of getting back at us that is by words. But we know the easiest way of spoiling your life if you even mess with us one bit. So just keep away!
5. Become a house-maker rather than having a professional career – Too many of you these days seem to be having the urge to work. When we can do that pretty well, why do you bother? Its only because you go to offices in such tight fitting clothes that we men get aroused and see you as things and then have some fun. Stay at home and run the house. That’s your job!
We don’t promise that you would be 100% safe even if all these rules are religiously followed. But we hope that this way rapes and molestations will end in our society. And all such men can go back and enjoy sleeping with their wives rather than being sexually frustrated!
Your well wisher
PS for those who didn’t get my post –
1. Sarcasm, irritation and frustration are all intended.
2. For men who are pissed off, yes even I know all men are not rapists or molesters